Youth Connection Hienet Magazine
The project is about Creation of a three-monthly magazine, which will contain articles written by the members of Hienet and the E.V.S. Volunteers. It is distributed in the institute s area (Piraeus) and to our partner organizations all over Europe.
This Project includes the following activities:
- Collection of information for the articles
- Writing articles about educational, cultural, social, economic, European, actual, New Technologies and youth-concerning subjects.
- Set-up and Layout of the magazine Printing (this has to be done by a professional company)
- Publishing in the Internet (By HIENET)
The aims are:
- To give information about European projects like EVS.
- To give ideas about other cultures (especially through the volunteers).
- To inform about social problems like drugs, Aids, pollution,… and to open discussions about those subjects.
- To give the institute s youngsters a possibility to express themselves.
- To present Hienet's activities and events.
to read the First Issue November 2000
Having seen similar magazines done by some of our partner organizations in Greece and other European countries, our youngsters decided, that a project like this would surely enrich Hienet and Piraeus.
To prepare the creation of the magazine we will first form the group of participants, discuss about the context, and give them the responsibility for the different parts.
Then they will start to collect information, do interviews… etc.
Moreover we will look for a company who can print our magazine.
As all the activities (collection of information, interviews, writing of the articles, set up of the pages, distribution…) will be done by our youngsters and the E.V.S. Volunteers, they will be completely involved during all the steps.
to read the Second Issue February 2001
|With this project we want:
- To give our youngsters a chance to express themselves
- To give to the young people in our neighborhood and to all Piraeus youngsters information about European projects (EVS,…).
- Moreover we plan to write about social problems like drugs or Aids and we hope to open discussions about these subjects.
- Through our volunteers from different countries we have the possibility to give interesting ideas about other cultures and the way-of-life in other European countries.
- Also this magazine will present Hienet's projects and activities.
- All together we expect to enrich our neighborhood by creating this small but open-minded magazine.
- Most of the articles will be about subjects relevant for young people in Greece & all European countries, there will be information about European projects and in the end our result will be distributed to our partner organizations all over Europe.
- We plan to continue this project, if it is successful. (To make the magazine monthly)
- Moreover we are going to present the magazine on a Web Page in the internet.
to read the Third Issue May 2001
- September 2000: Welcome of the EVS Volunteers and creation of the Working teams.
(Reporters, Graphics, Photography, Internet, Culture, Art etc)
Set up the Software in the Computers.
- October-November 2000: HIENET'S working teams on the creation process
Publication of the 1st issue of our magazine. (In paper and Internet)
- December 2000/ January 2001: Publication of the 2nd issue of our magazine. (In paper and Internet)
- February, March, 2001: Publication of the 3rd issue of our magazine. (In paper and Internet)
- June, July 2001: Publication of the 4th issue of our magazine. (In paper and Internet)
- August 2001: Evaluation of the Project
to read the Forth Issue August 2001
All the Youngsters who will have access to our printed and Electronic Magazine.
All our partner organizations in Greece & abroad.
The impact at local level.
All the youngsters who have contact with our institute will take part in the creation process.
The Schools of Piraeus will receive it by post and all the youngsters and teachers will have access to it.
The European dimension.
Most of the articles will be about subjects relevant for young people in all European countries, there will be information about European projects and in the end our result will be distributed to our partner organizations all over Europe.
Youngsters from those organizations will post us articles for publishing.
The follow-up and evaluation.
We plan to do evaluation every 2 months and a full evaluation the last month of the project.
Moreover we are going to present the magazine on a Web Page in the internet.
About the Follow up:
We plan to continue this project, if it is successful. (To make the magazine monthly)